Hair transplantation is a method which moves every hair follicle from the back to a balding or bald part of the scalp called the recipient site. This is mainly used for treatment of male pattern baldness.
If you are suffering from some issues with your hair growth and you are thinking of undergoing this procedure, it is a must to know first its pros and cons.
The Benefits of hair transplant
- This operation is very safe and there is no need for the patient to undergo complete anesthesia if you have phobia and manias about losing consciousness. This procedure could the operated with the use of partial anesthesia. Although pain issues can be aptly addressed through localized sedation, there is no need to worry about complete lapse of consciousness.
- You with get the chance of multiplying your hair through increasing the density of your natural hair. You don’t have to use any chemical treatments once the surgery has been completed, and once the process of healing is over, you hair will then start to grow naturally.
- One more scientific benefit of this process is uniformity of distribution. This technique is managed with optimization wherein overall follicular distribution stays intact.
- The surgery of transplanting hair is a one-time process if you want to go for multiple transplants. This surgery is a bit expensive yet this offers long term benefits that you don’t need to adhere to a specific hair system during your lifetime.
The Downsides of hair transplant
- This is an invasive process performed with the use of local anesthesia. The success of this transplant is primarily dependent on the quality of the existing donor area.
- It is extremely essential that the candidate who will undergo the transplant will have good health as a whole. It is primarily recommended for androgenic alopecia that is an irreversible and progressive disorder so it is a must that the person is aware of it. In the event that the hair loss is a genetic concern and the person undergoes the procedure at a very early age, such as 20 to 30 years old, loss of hair will continue following the surgery which requires treatment.
- Recovery doesn’t happen overnight. It can take around 8 to as much as 10 months for total recovery, which means that this is time bound.
If you will look at the brighter side, you can see that with affordable hair transplantation bethesda, any bald area can be covered with your own hair which will not need any form of maintenance. This is a process that can improve not only your appearance but also your self-confidence.